Personal information we collect
Earth Species Project collects your information in two ways:
- Through information you provide voluntarily on our website or through your interactions
- Tracking data which may be collected automatically from visitors to our sites
Below are the ways in which we collect Personal Information you provide voluntarily through specific interactions. By choosing to participate in any of the following activities, you consent to our collection and use of your Personal Information.
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters from us;
- When you submit a donation online;
- When you send us a donation by check or wire.
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you enter into an agreement or contract with Earth Species Project ;
- When you submit an invoice to Earth Species Project or request payment for goods or services provided;
- When you participate with social media and peer to peer accounts involving Earth Species Project;
- When you participate in online communities;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions.
Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and;
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
Social media platforms
How we use your data
We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions (including donations) with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about Earth Species Project;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment application;
- For processing agreements and payments;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Advocating to decision makers on specific issues;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization.
How we protect your data
Earth Species Project is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website. We do not undertake marketing activities for third parties nor do we provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. In order to manage our business we may provide your data to authorized providers for the purposes of donation processing, audits, accounting, management reporting and analysis or compliance with legal obligations such as tax obligations.
We aim to protect your data, and have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures. If you make a donation on our Website, we do not process your credit card information directly, but work through a third-party provider which implements industry-standard encryption technology and security to keep your information secure. However, we caution that no data transmission over the Internet can ever be 100% secure. We strive to protect your information to the fullest extent, but cannot completely guarantee the security of such information.
If you have any concerns about the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, please contact email@example.com
Compliance with EU GDPR regulations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
- Access to your Personal Information;
- Correction of the Personal Information we hold;
- Deletion of your Personal Information;
- A restriction of processing of your Personal Information;
- Transfer of your Personal Information to another party; or,
- Objection to processing of your Personal Information based on the UN Foundation’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to use it.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if any of the following apply:
- You have any questions or requests regarding this policy;
- You would like to remove all Personal Information from our database;
- You would like to view Personal Information you shared with us;
- You would like to change your account preferences;
- You no longer wish to receive email updates from Earth Species Project;
- You believe we have erroneous or incomplete information about you; or,
- You believe a child below the age of 16 years may have submitted Personal Information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
Changes to this policy